ANSWERS TO TURBOCHARGE YOUR VOCABULARY
1. a stroke of luck
2. a shower of rain
3. an article of clothing
4. a lump of coal
5. a flash of lightning
6. a blade of grass
7. an item of news
8. a rumble of thunder
II) 1. My mother gave me a piece of advice which
I have always remembered.
2. Suddenly a gust of wind almost blew him off his feet.
3. We had a spell of terribly windy weather last winter.
4. Would you like another slice of toast?
5. He never does a stroke of work in the house.
6. Let’s go into the garden – I need a breath of fresh air.
7. I can give you an important bit of information about that.
8. We could see a cloud of smoke hovering over the city from a long way away.
9. There is an interesting new piece of equipment in that catalogue.
10. I need to get some pieces of furniture for my flat.
III) 1. emergency