‘One Belt One Road’: MOA and Jing Dong seek potentials
NANNING, CHINA: The Minister of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry (MOA) Dato Sri Ahmad Shabery Cheek had a strategic discussion with the Vice President of Jing Dong Group, Cai Lei, during the Malaysia Durian Festival 2017 here on Nov 4, to explore potential collaborations along the ‘One Belt One Road’ initiative.
In a statement yesterday, MOA revealed that both parties exchanged thoughts on the marketing of Malaysian agricultural products on JD.com such as Malaysian durians, pineapples and tiger prawns.
Commenting on Jing Dong’s strong online marketing platform, Ahmad Shabery applauded Jing Dong Group on their innovative research and development.
The ministry is also open to the collaboration to ensure quality production for more agriculturerelated products in order to meet the demands in China.
With the increasing demand of Malaysian agricultural products like ‘Musang King’ durians in China, Jing Dong is hopeful that with the support from MOA, JD.com can obtain the first eligibility for the online marketing of these in-demand agriculture products in China.
Among the several memorandums of understanding (MOUs) signed at the Malaysia Durian Festival 2017 in Hangyang City, Nanning, China on Nov 4 between various parties in China and Malaysian companies were:
1. China-Asean Chamber of Agricultural Commerce (Cacac) and Asean Co-operative Organization (ACO) – The objective is to support and promote agricultural, economic and trade development and the development of cooperatives and relevant products and to strengthen exchanges and cooperation between China and Malaysia and other Asean countries.
2. Malaysia Duricious Sdn Bhd and Fujian DKing Food Co Ltd – The objective is to explore complementary skills support to add values to break through the Chinese market, bringing premium quality durians to China.
3. Ezy Classic Sdn Bhd and Malaysia Million Sunray Sdn Bhd – The objective is to explore future possibilities and collaboration in distributing, advertising and marketing durian-related products, such as Durian Swiss Rolls.
4. Guangxi Wuzhou Tianmei E-commerce Co Ltd and Malaysia Silk Road Capital Sdn Bhd – The objective is to explore further business collaboration for valueenhancement.
5. Nictron Agriculture Sdn Bhd and Million Sunray Sdn Bhd – The objective is to explore future possibilities and collaboration in distributing and marketing durian-related products and other value-added products.
6. Taluwang Sdn Bhd and Guangxi Xinlong Logistics Group Co Ltd – The objective is to explore further business collaboration for value-enhancement.
The total projected trade value by 2020 is estimated to be at four billion yuan. This includes the projected value of strategic discussion between MOA and Jing Dong China, and MOA and Fusido Holding Group China.
Ahmad Shabery (third right) with Rimbunan Hijau director Dato Robin Wong (second left), Fusido Holding Group Co Ltd chairman Xin En Chen (fifth left), and Regal International Group executive chairman and CEO Dominic Su (right) and others pose for a photo.
(From left) Cacac Secretary General and vice president Fan Huiqun, Dataran Perintis chief operating officer Ahmad Faez; and ACO vice president Datuk Kamarudin Ismail at the MOU signing ceremony.