Dept probes ori­gin of Covid-19 cases in Kota Marudu, Balung

The Borneo Post (Sabah) - - Front Page - By Neil Brian Joseph

KOTA KINABALU: The ori­gin of the two Covid-19 cases that were de­tected Fri­day (May 22 ) has not been de­ter­mined.

State Health Depart­ment di­rec­tor Datuk Dr Christina Rundi said the depart­ment was still in the midst of in­ves­ti­gat­ing the two cases, which oc­curred in Talan­tang, Kota Marudu and Balung, Tawau.

The Kota Marudu case, which was the first reg­is­tered case for the district, in­volved a pa­tient who was trans­ferred from the Women and Chil­dren’s Hospi­tal, Likas.

She then tested pos­i­tive for the virus and was ad­mit­ted to the Queen El­iz­a­beth Hospi­tal on Fri­day to un­dergo treat­ment.

Mean­while, the Tawau case in­volved a pas­sen­ger who boarded a com­mer­cial flight from Kuala Lumpur.

He was later placed in a quar­an­tine cen­tre and was ad­mit­ted to Tawau Hospi­tal on Thurs­day.

Separately, Rundi also said that four more premises which had vi­o­lated the pre­scribed stan­dard op­er­at­ing pro­ce­dures (SOPs) had been or­dered to close un­der the Sec­tion 18(1)(f) of the Preven­tion and Con­trol of In­fec­tious Dis­eases Act 1988.

The four premises com­prised two restau­rants and a sundry shop in San­dakan and a nurs­ery in La­had Datu.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.