Drunk man dies af­ter swal­low­ing live snake

The Star Malaysia - - Views -

A FA­THER of three in Ut­tar Pradesh, In­dia, died af­ter swal­low­ing a small snake fol­low­ing a drunken dare, Malaysia Nan­ban re­ported.

Mahipal Singh, 40, was walk­ing home ine­bri­ated when he saw a snake by the road­side and picked it up.

Egged on by by­s­tanders, he swal­lowed the snake alive and be­gan ex­pe­ri­enc­ing nau­sea and vom­it­ing shortly af­ter­wards.

Mahipal, who worked as a labourer, was admit­ted to a nearby hos­pi­tal.

How­ever, he died within four hours from ap­par­ent poi­son­ing.

Po­lice said they were look­ing for the peo­ple who re­port­edly goaded him on.

> Par­ents and ac­tivists, who were shocked by a re­cent fire which broke out at a school in Te­brau, Jo­hor, have called for a quick trans­fer of stu­dents to the new school build­ing, Malaysia Nan­ban re­ported.

The blaze was re­port­edly due to faulty elec­tri­cal wiring.

An ac­tivist said the new build­ing was com­pleted two years ago, but re­mained empty be­cause the nec­es­sary ap­proval had not been ob­tained.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.