The Star Malaysia

RM2.24bil worth of properties on sale at Sunway Carnival Mall


BUTTERWORT­H: Four developers are showcasing over RM2.24bil worth of properties at the four-day StarProper­ Fair 2019 at Sunway Carnival Mall in Seberang Jaya here until Sunday.

The developers are Ewein Zenith Sdn Bhd (RM800mil), Mah Sing Group Bhd (RM754mil), Hunza Properties Bhd (RM450mil), and Tambun Indah Land Bhd (RM242mil).

The other developers showcasing their projects are SV Group and JKP Sdn Bhd.

East West Horizon Plantation Bhd, an oil palm plantation investment company, and CTOS Data Systems Sdn Bhd, Malaysia’s largest private credit reporting agency, are among the exhibitors.

According to Zeon Properties chief executive officer Leon Lee, investors from China, Hong Kong, and Indonesia are still keen to buy properties in Penang.

“They tend to look for condominiu­m projects near the sea with resort recreation­al facilities.

“This is why Ewein Zenith’s City of Dreams (COD), an exclusive serviced residence project at Gurney Drive, has already sold over 70%.

“About 20% of the purchasers are from overseas, while local buyers form the remaining 80%,” he said.

The COD redefines the concept of high living with over 50 world-class amenities and features.

The facilities include a two-lane bowling alley, private cinema, golf simulator, putting green, karaoke centre, barbecue pits and a grand ballroom.

Zeon Properties is the marketing agent for COD.

Those looking for their dream homes should take advantage of the current low bank interest rate for housing loan, according to Lee.

Lee added that the current interest rate was about 4.4%, compared to 12% when housing loan interest peaked in 1997.

“The interest is still low enough to make property investment an attractive venture.

“House buyers, especially the first-timers, should grab such an opportunit­y if they come across properties added.

According to Mah Sing chief operating officer Everlyn Khaw, the new government policies and incentives will continue to drive the momentum of the property industry and contribute to the nation’s economic growth ultimately.

“Medium to long-term outlook will continue to be strong for property buyers who are buying to own, or buying for long-term investment. Property as an investment asset remains one of the safest forms of investment and a good hedge against inflation.

“We believe properties in the affordable range and at good locations with good accessibil­ity are still seeing good demand,” she said. of their choice,” he

Besides having so many products under one roof, the four-day fair organised by Star Media Group also sees the return of the Beli & Menang contest.

It is a homebuyer reward programme open to those who make bookings and complete their Sales & Purchase Agreement (SPA) with participat­ing developers of StarProper­ Fairs throughout the country this year.

Running until Nov 30, it offers a brand new Proton X70 SUV as the grand prize. Purchasers can register online at fair.starproper­ beli-menang. Participan­ts will have to submit their booking receipts before the closing date (11.59m on Nov 30), and SPA before Dec 31, to marketing@starproper­

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malaysia