Raya desserts to crown your feast
Prep 30 mins | Cook 20 mins | Serves 4
300g all-purpose our, sifted 5-8 tbsps crushed peanut brittle 60g softened butter 40g caster sugar Fine salt, a pinch 6g active dry yeast 1 egg 130ml full cream milk, slightly warmed Oil for deep-frying GLAZE 160g confectioners’ sugar, sifted 4-6 tbsps full cream milk Blue and rose pink food colouring 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the our, peanut brittle, butter, sugar, salt, yeast, egg and milk. Beat mixture using a dough hook until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
2. Transfer the dough onto a oured tabletop. Gently knead until smooth. Lightly grease a deep bowl with oil and put the dough in it. Cover with cling wrap and let it rise at room temperature until it doubles in size.
3. Turn the dough out again onto a oured tabletop and roll it out to 1cm thickness. Cut out with a doughnut cutter. Knead the scraps together and roll the dough out again to make more doughnuts.
4. Place cut-out doughnuts onto a oured baking tray and leave room between each one. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow them to rise for the second time.
5. Deep-fry doughnuts in hot oil, a few at a time. Cook until they are deep golden all over and remove to a wire rack to cool.
6. GLAZE: In a bowl, combine sugar with milk and stir until smooth. Mixture should be thick and runny. Divide into 2 portions; colour one portion in blue and the other in rose pink.
7. Dip cooled doughnuts into the glaze and let them rm up for 20 mins.