GLUTEN FREE CREAMY SALMON & VEGETABLE PENNE POTS
Prep 20 mins | Cook 45 mins | Serves 6
1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced 2 celery stalks, nely chopped 1 clove garlic, nely chopped 200g broccoli, cut into orets
¼ cup water
250g gluten-free penne
415g can pink salmon, drained,
skin and bones removed, aked ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan
⅓ cup gluten-free plain our
1 litre reduced-fat milk
2 lemons, zest nely grated, juiced 2 tsps fresh thyme leaves,
plus extra sprigs, to serve
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Grease 6 x 1½ cup ovenproof ramekins and arrange on an oven tray.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium. Sauté leek and celery 8 mins. Add garlic and broccoli, cook 30 secs. Stir in water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 4 mins or until broccoli is tender. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta following packet instructions. Drain. Add to bowl with sautéed vegetable mixture.
4. BÉCHAMEL Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat butter on medium. Add our, cook, stirring 1 min or until thick. Remove from heat, gradually whisk in milk. Return to heat, cook, whisking, 3 mins or until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in zest, juice and thyme. Season.
5. Stir salmon and béchamel into pasta and vegetable mixture. Season. Spoon into prepared ramekins and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake 20 mins or until heated and golden. Serve sprinkled with extra thyme.
Use cauliflower instead of broccoli, if liked.