SALMON & POTATO PIE
Prep 15 mins | Cook 1 hour | Serves 4
3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks 20g butter
1 leek, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced 2 pieces beef bacon, chopped
2 medium zucchini, halved, thinly sliced 415g can pink or red salmon, drained and akes
¾ cup frozen peas
⅔ cup light sour cream
1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed 1 egg yolk
Steamed vegetables, to serve
1. Preheat oven to hot 200°C. Grease a deep 23cm pie dish.
2. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes 15-20 mins until tender. Drain, set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt butter on high. Add leek and bacon, and sauté for 3-4 mins until leek is tender. Transfer to a plate.
4. In same pan, sauté zucchini 2-3 mins. Add salmon, peas, leek mixture and half the sour cream. Season to taste. Cool.
5. Ease pastry sheet into dish, trimming sides to t. Rest 15 mins. Bake blind 10-15 mins. Remove paper and weights.
6. Drain potatoes and mash well with remaining sour cream and egg yolk. Season. Spoon salmon lling into pastry. Top with potato.
7. Bake 20-25 mins until top is golden brown. Serve with steamed veggies.
To blind bake, cover the pastry with baking paper, then fill with uncooked rice or dried beans.