TUNA & MUSHROOM STUFFED CAPSICUMS
Prep 20 mins | Cook 30 mins | Serves 4
4 red capsicums
1 tbsp olive oil
200 g button mushrooms, chopped 1 small red onion, nely chopped
185 g can tuna in oil, aked
¾ cup pizza cheese
½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 tomato, chopped and seeded
2 tbsps basil, chopped plus extra to serve
1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180 C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Cut tops from capsicums and scrape out seeds and membrane. Place on tray, cut side up, with lids stalk side up. Cover loosely with foil and bake 15 mins. 3. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic 3 to 4 mins, until tender.
4. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl with tuna, ½ cup cheese, breadcrumbs, tomato and basil. Season to taste and mix well.
5. Remove foil and ll capsicums evenly with mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, 10 to 15 mins, until cheese melts and is golden. Scatter extra basil over to serve.