Malta Independent

Barrel-O-Slime is dangerous for children, consumers’ authority says


The Malta Competitio­n and Consumer Affairs Authority (MCCAA) said it is withdrawin­g from the market this slime (shown in the photo), this is because it was found to contain a large amount of boron. Ingestion or contact with an excessive quantity of boron may harm the health of children, causing possible damage to the reproducti­ve system.

The product does not comply with the requiremen­ts of the Toy Safety Directive and the relevant European standard EN 71-3.

In view of this, consumers should avoid the use of this slime and are encouraged to return them to the stores from where they were purchased. Economic operators are ordered to cease selling or putting this product on the market. In addition, the MCCAA will take action, as provided by the law, against economic operators who continue to put this product on the market.

For questions and further informatio­n regarding this slime or products other than food found on the Maltese market, one can contact the MCCAA on 23952000, or by visiting

 ??  ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Malta