Five ways to your wellbeing during this holiday season
The end of the year is all about family and celebrations— but it can also be a stressful time.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing can help you and your wha¯nau staywell during the holidays.
1. Connect— talk and listen. Be there. Stay connected.
2. Give— your time, your words and your presence.
3. Be active— do what you can. Enjoy what you do. Move your mood.
4. Take notice— remember the simple things that give you, and others, joy.
5. Keep learning— embrace new experiences. Seize opportunities and surprise yourself.
You can introduce any of these actions into your life, any time, and you will begin to feel the benefits.
“Use these ideas to come up with at least one New Year’s resolution that you can start using right away. Better still have a discussionwith your wha¯nau and agree on something you can all commit to,” says Dr Phil Shoemack, medical officer of health.
■ For more information on the Five Ways toWellbeing visit www.mentalhealth.org.nz Connect— talk and listen, be there, stay connected— one of the Five Ways to Wellbeing this holiday season.