Welders’ powered air now more affordable
AFTER HEARING the news regarding the reclassification of welding fume by the IARC and putting together a Welding Fume White Paper on what this means for Australian welders, AWS, the sole agent for the 3M Speedglas Brand in Australia and New Zealand has decided to reposition the 3M Speedglas 9100XXi Air Powered Air Purifying Respirator with a sharper price point to help make powered air respiratory protection more affordable for Aussie and Kiwi welders.
THE SPEEDGLAS 9100 AIR
The Speedglas 9100 Air coupled with the award winning Adflo PAPR combines the largest viewing area on the market with Speedglas TrueView which allows the welder to view their weld with better clarity and more colour. When combined with the peripheral Side Windows the 9100 Air gives welders vision like no other welding helmet currently on the market.
With an External Button that allows the welder to bounce between two saved welding settings and grind mode, the welder never needs to touch the welding lens interface again. Simply switch between welding and grinding tasks with a touch of an external button while maintaining your positive pressure seal and desired level of welding respiratory protection.
When selecting a non-flip-up welding helmet with a PAPR consider the following:
Welding Lens Viewing Area: Speedglas 9100 Air, with peripheral SideWindows, has the largest viewing area currently available on the market.
• Arc Detection: The 9100 Air has the most powerful arc detection available down to 1 amp.
• Light State and True View Optics: With a light state of 3 and Speedglas TrueView, set- up and inspect with colour and clarity and weld in High Definition.
• Controls: With external grind and memory modes, the 9100 Air makes switching applications easy.
• Side Windows: If you have never experienced Speedglas Side Window peripheral vision it’s time to leave the tunnel.
• Head Harness: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Experience the Speedglas Head Harness that changed the game in welding helmets.
• Charge Time: Rapid charge your PAPR battery in an hour!
• The Weight of the PAPR: The lightweight Adflo didn’t win all the awards for nothing.
• Warranty & Support: The Speedglas 9100XXi welding lens is backed by the Speedglas revolving 3 + 1-year warranty and supported by AWS in the field – a company dedicated to supporting the 3M Speedglas brand.
• Price: NZ Safety Blackwoods