READ ALL ABOUT IT
How to get back on the reading buzz
• Got a phone with a large screen? Download the Kindle app and purchase e-books – your book will now follow you everywhere your phone does. If you’re reading at night on an iPhone, select ‘night shift’ in the settings to knock back the blue light on the screen and make the colour warmer which will help protect lightsensitive cells in your retinas.
• Better yet, invest in a Kindle – the anti-reflective screen and soft backlight makes reading easier on your eyes.
• Join your local library and read for free!
• If you don’t want to commit to joining a book club, arrange to swap books with friends instead – it’s a great way to get into different genres, too.
• Create a Goodreads account via goodreads.com or by downloading the app to keep track of what you’re reading, what you want to read and follow other accounts to get recommendations. Pandora and Dolly from The High Low podcast have a fantastic account, and Emma Watson’s Our Shared Self is well worth a follow for all fans of feminist literature.