COURGETTE, FETA & SEED MUFFINS
PREP + COOK TIME 40 mins MAKES 12
● 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
● 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
● 1 tablespoon chia seeds
● ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
● 1 cup self-raising flour
● 1 cup wholemeal flour
● 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
● ½ teaspoon salt
● 1½ small courgettes, grated and squeezed of excess juice
● handful of fresh basil, finely sliced
● 100g feta
● ½ cup grated tasty cheese
● 1 cup milk soured with a drop of lemon juice
● 75g butter, melted
● 1 egg
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with muffin papers. Combine the seeds in a small bowl and set aside.
2 Place flours, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the grated courgette and mix through. Scatter in the basil, feta, tasty cheese and two-thirds of the seeds.
3 Combine the soured milk, melted butter and egg in a small jug. Whisk lightly, then add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
4 Mix lightly until just combined and spoon into the prepared muffin pans. Top with remaining seeds and bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and lightly golden.
PER SERVE Energy 194kcal, 814kj • Protein 7.2g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 4.8g • Carbohydrate 17.4g • Fibre 2g • Sodium 310mg • Sugar 1.6g