MUSHROOM & TOFU STIR FRY
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 10 minutes Whether you are looking to cut down on meat or to increase your vegetable intake this super tasty stir-fry is the way to go. Flavoursome, packed with goodness and ready in 20 minutes!
3 tablespoons peanut or plain oil 4 spring onions
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3cm piece ginger, grated
2-3 tablespoons chilli bean sauce (we used Lee Kum Kee brand) 200g mushrooms, quartered 2 red capsicums, sliced 2 bok choy, stems and leaves separated and sliced 300g firm tofu, cut in 1cm cubes
1 teaspoon cornflour 2 tablespoons soy sauce 200g cooked noodles 100g snow peas
1. Cut the spring onions in half. Finely slice the green ends and set aside. Slice the whites into 2cm pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the spring onion whites, garlic, ginger, and chilli paste and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the mushrooms, red capsicum and bok choy stems and stir fry for 3 minutes.
7. Add the tofu and stir fry 2 minutes.
8. Combine the cornflour with 3 tablespoons of cold water and the soy sauce add to the wok along with the noodles and snow peas and cook to heat through for a few minutes.
Serving Suggestions. Serve scattered with the spring onion greens.