Hawke's Bay Today
THINGS TO DO IN THE DAIRY:
● Focus on efficient milking routines to save on staff labour, increase paddock time for the cows and reduce the mastitis risk eg. apply MaxT.
● Effective teat-spraying is critical, killing bugs and keeping teat skin smooth and supple.
● Cleaning dirty teats makes teat spray more effective.
● Things to do with the herd.
● Detect mastitis early by stripping the herd once a week in spring, but think about how to do this efficiently.
● Score teat skin and teat ends once a month.