Marlborough Express - The Saturday Express, Marlborough
Strong leads in Jessica Boyce case
Investigators say they know who was involved in the disappearance of Marlborough woman Jessica Boyce, and are waiting on forensic electronic evidence as the two-year anniversary of her disappearance approaches.
Boyce was last seen on March 19, 2019 near Renwick, Marlborough, in a red ute found three days later in the Mount Richmond Forest Park.
Extensive searches of the park were unsuccessful.
The investigation became a homicide case in October 2019, and police said they believed the red ute had been left at the park to deliberately mislead them.
Detective Senior Sergeant Ciaran Sloan said on Wednesday the case was still very much active two years on, and the investigation team was currently interviewing both suspects and witnesses.
‘‘The investigation team know they are interviewing the right people,’’ Sloan said.
‘‘A few persons of interest still need to be spoken to, and plans are in place to do so soon.’’
Members of the investigating team had travelled from Northland to Canterbury to interview witnesses and people of interest. Most of them lived in Marlborough two years ago, but for various reasons had left the region, Sloan said.
Investigators had also made several enquiries overseas to obtain forensic electronic evidence, Sloan said.
The team was waiting on some final results from those enquiries, he said.
‘‘While the second year mark of the investigation looms progress is still being made.
‘‘As with all homicide investigations in New Zealand the case remains open and under active investigation.’’
The team were also regularly in contact with Boyce’s family, keeping them up-to-date with any progress, Sloan said.