1. Complete the following line from the American wit Dorothy Parker: ‘‘Men seldom make passes at . . . ’’
2. In what South Island town would you visit the Hokonui Moonshine Museum?
3. The word ‘‘skol’’ is used as a toast in what group of countries?
4. Does the name Golden Gate refer to the entrance to San Francisco Bay, or the bridge that crosses it?
5. Leo Varadkar is prime minister of what European Union country?
6. Who played the title character in the 1980 film The Elephant
Man? 7. What volcano destroyed the Italian city of Pompeii?
8. In what decade did the TV shows Roseanne, Seinfeld and Married . . . With Children make their debuts? 9. Who was America’s Secretary of State between 2009 and 2013? 10. In what 1968 soul music hit did the singer leave his home in Georgia and head for the Frisco Bay?
ANSWERS: 1. Girls who wear glasses;
2. Gore; 3. Scandinavia; 4. The entrance;
5. Ireland; 6. John Hurt; 7. Mt Vesuvius;
8. The 1980s; 9. Hillary Clinton; 10. Dock of the Bay.