New Zealand Woman’s Weekly
Did you know?
Those silica gel packs that seem to come with nearly every product you buy these days are easy to disregard, but don’t throw them out – they’re actually really handy! Here are a few ways I use them:
• Pop a couple in your gym bag to keep it from smelling
• Put some in your toolbox. They will stop your metal tools from oxidising and prevent rusting
• They can keep your linen closet dry, which is very handy in the damp, rainy months
• Carry them in your suitcase when you go on holiday.
Then, if you do break out the swimsuit but don’t have time to dry it before your next move, you can pack it in without worrying about that damp smell getting all through your luggage.
• If you save seeds, these are great for preventing dampness. Pop a silica bag in with your seeds when you store them in an airtight container.