The List: 20 signs you need a break – the sunnier, the better
2. All your social media posts are ‘throwback Thursdays’ or include
a ‘take me back’ caption.
3. You’re living vicariously through celebrities far more than you should.
4. You constantly wear five-plus layers.
5. You’ve started reading the comments section on Stuff just to avoid doing any more work.
6. You no longer get a buzz out of putting on your new winter coat.
7. You think it probably is okay to drink on a Tuesday.
8. You check how much annual leave you have every day, even though
you know the hours won’t dramatically increase overnight.
9. You realise you haven’t seen your friends in months because
nobody’s having barbecues.
10. You’ve switched to a paler shade of foundation.
11. You retell a travel story from over a year ago.
12. The bottle of self-tan at the back of your bathroom cupboard has crusted over from lack of use. As has the body moisturiser.
13. You’re counting down the weekends of kids’ winter sport, when the season has barely begun.
14. Getting up for 6am bootcamp feels on par with climbing Everest. 15.You’re too tired to speak in full sentences.
16. You start planning your weekend on Monday morning.
17. The mismatched blankets on high rotation are ruining your lounge décor.
18. Your New Year’s resolution workout plan now consists of walking to the coffee shop
in your Nikes.
19. You’ve started binge-watching travel shows – Rick Stein’s Long Weekends, anyone?
20. You’re writing a to-do list in order to get away with not doing your to-do list.