NZ Lifestyle Block
4 INTERESTING THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PUMPKINS
• They’re a very low-calorie vegetable, full of fibre, and antioxidant vitamins including A, C, and E.
• The bright orange colour is due to high levels of beta-carotene, an important antioxidant that may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer. It also protects against heart disease.
• Pumpkins are 90% water.
• Pumpkins are believed to have originated in South America.
• 8 warming soups for winter
• Michael Van de Elzen’s pumpkin cupcakes
• Pumpkin pie brownie thisnzlife.co.nz