Otago Daily Times

More fall ill from fish


Auckland: At least 20 people have now reported symptoms of food poisoning to health authoritie­s after eating spoiled fish from food delivery service Hello Fresh.

An Auckland Regional Public Health Service spokesman said it had received about 20 calls from people who ate the food provided by the meal kit company.

Further south, the public health unit for the greater Wellington region said it had also received phone calls from ‘‘concerned members of the public on this matter’’.

Hello Fresh customers were warned on Tuesday to ditch the fish dish in their packs after the home delivery service’s fish supplier advised of elevated histamine levels in the trevally. — The New Zealand Herald

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand