How to have a long-term relationship with your furniture.
The 80/20 rule very much applies to the furniture market. The mainstream chain store offering suits 80% of the population, but the remaining 20% want something that’s better made; something with a design edge that transcends trend.
Station Road Home Collection in Rangiora looks after the 20%. Owned by husband and wife team Gavin and Jo How, it’s a one-of-a-kind store that retails a collection you won’t find anywhere else in New Zealand. Most of the pieces are designed in the USA, where a super-diversity of cultures supports a variety of timeless themes. “In the United States they’ve mastered the art of furniture with a personality. You’ll see beautiful materials and attention to detail, but it’s not overdone. There’s a cleanness to the design that doesn’t date”, says Gavin. Station Road’s clientele, a mix of home owners and interior design professionals, share a commitment to buying quality, because they know it’s a better investment in the long run. >>