Le Monde Home’s top cushion tips:
• Before your makeover or building project gets off the plans, explore fabric collections. When you find your signature fabric, keep a swatch in your wallet for quick reference. Its mood, colour and style will help with many, many decisions.
• Contemporary cushions are generous – at Le Monde Home, most cushions are 60cm square.
• Always choose feather inners. They’ll cost you more upfront, but can last up to 30 years.
• Make sure inners are slightly too big for covers, so cushions are wellrounded. There’s nothing meaner than an under-stuffed cushion.
• Within a collection of cushions, don’t be afraid to include something unexpected, but still within the room’s colour palette. It’s like the guy in the gorgeous suit wearing one red sock and one green. Fun!
• Vary textures within your cushion collection. For example, linen and leather are textiles that work well together.
• Animal prints are surprisingly accommodating. They can fit in almost anywhere, like a neutral.