The Rotorua Daily Post welcomes letters from readers. Please note the following:
● Letters should not exceed 250
● They should be opinion based on
facts or current events.
● If possible, please email.
● No noms-de-plume.
● Letters will be published with
names and suburb/city.
● Please include full name, address and contact details for our records only.
● Local letter writers given
● Rejected letters are not normally
● Letters may be edited, abridged, or rejected at the Editor’s discretion.
● The Editor’s decision on
publication is final.
The trouble is that Brits spend a large percentage of their time indoors watching TV.
They are programmed to clap and get excited at every joke, however weak and ineffective.
We were fortunate to have some of the great entertainers — Billy T was just one but they made elderly ladies split their corsets with mirth.
Comedians now too PC
“Where have all the comedians gone?” Jim Adams asks.
Simple we have become so PC and afraid to offend anybody we cannot laugh at ourselves anymore.
Give me a good old Dave Allen or Benny Hill joke any time. Ross Allen Rotorua