The Stratford fire brigade responded to
14 calls in December 2018:
■ Wednesday, December 5: Alarm activation at Elizabeth R Rest Home
■ Thursday, December 6: Motor vehicle accident SH3 Tariki.
■ Saturday, December 8: Alarm activation TET Sports Stadium. Accidnetal activation from work being carried out on site.
■ Sunday, December 9: Motorcycle on fire, Flint Rd.
■ Monday, December 10: Alarm activation Marire Home.
Thursday, December 13: Gas Leak on Miranda St. Scene protection carried out until gas authorities arrived.
■ Monday, December 17: Tanker called out to assist Inglewood fire brigade with a chemical leak on Tarata Rd
■ Tuesday, December 18: Investigate grass fire Orlando Street South no action taken by brigade
■ Tuesday, December 25: Motor vehicle accident Bird Rd / Skinner Rd.
■ Wednesday, December 26: Gas leak Essex St, scene protection carried out until gas authorities arrived.
■ Thursday, December 27: Attended scene of car v pedestrian on Broadway.
■ Sunday, December 30: Rubbish fire Climie Rd.
■ Sunday, December 30: Rubbish Fire Regan St.
■ Monday, December 31: Investigate smoke Celia St.
Prospero Place was closed off while firefighters dealt with a gas leak in town.