The Dominion Post
The apology to Hayley Browne:
1. The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) apologises for using your image on the promotional poster and brochure. We are sorry for the retraumatising effect this had on you.
2. We are sorry for the manner in which your complaint was handled by NZDF and it causing you to be retraumatised.
Apology for the working conditions/ situation she was under:
1. We are sorry for the conditions you served under in the Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN), including the sexual harassment you experienced in the RNZN in New Zealand and on New Zealand ships.
2. We are sorry that the NZDF system failed to empower you to raise the issues you faced to command.
3. We are sorry that the restricted disclosure system we now have in place was not available to you at the time you would have needed it.
4. We also thank you for your courage in submitting My Story and raising the issues you faced while serving in the RNZN.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, this apology relates to the actions of NZDF personnel only.