Fun and tasty twist on classic pizza
This recipe is sure to be a hit with the kids.
Prep: 20 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
2 large (or 3 medium) pizza bases (store-bought)
6 tablespoons tomato paste
11⁄ cups grated cheese
2 tomatoes, cut in half and thinly sliced
capsicum, core and seeds removed, thinly sliced
brown onion, thinly sliced
300g boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
2-3 handfuls baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
capsicum, core and seeds removed, finely diced
cup sour cream
3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (preferably mild, optional)
150g corn chips
Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Preheat two oven trays.
1. Place pizza bases on a clean, dry bench. Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of tomato paste over each base, leaving a bit of an edge for the crust.
2. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pizza bases then top with tomatoes, sliced capsicum and onion.
3. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and dice 0.5cm. Mix chicken and Mexican spice mix together in a small bowl. Evenly top the pizzas with the chicken pieces (ensuring you separate the pieces to allow even cooking). Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the pizzas onto preheated trays (use a fish slice to help with this). If using 3 bases, cut one pizza in half and place one and a half pizzas on each tray. Place into oven and cook until the bases are crisp and golden around the edges and chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Swap trays halfway to ensure even cooking.
5. Slice each whole pizza into 6-8 pieces.
To serve, divide slices of pizza between plates. Sprinkle spinach and diced capsicum over pizzas. Evenly divide sour cream between pizzas, placing a dollop in the middle of each pizza and drizzle over sweet chilli sauce (if using). Dig corn chips into sour cream. Place on table for everyone to help themselves.
Bargain Box’s Nacho Pizza.