The daily quiz
1. On this day in 1953 the first female pilot to break the sound barrier was Jacqueline Auriol, Jackie Cochran, Sheila Scott?
2. Herald columnist Brian Rudman says Auckland cone Crater Hill is “very threatened” — where is it?
3. Where in Auckland is Panuku Development selling a 2.7ha sub-division?
4. “We all came out to Montreux” opens which rock anthem?
5. Kiwi Mark Sweetman is a renowned luthier, so he works with what?
6. Boundary, field and goal umpires control which game?
7. Which Kiwi said he’d only been able to offer his wedding guests Cold Duck and Marque Vue?
8. For his 2008 novel
Tom Wolfe was advanced about $4, $7 or $10 million?
9. Who’s suing the BBC over showing a police raid?
10. Where’s Ian Fleming International Airport?
Jamaica. 10. Richard. Cliff Sir 9. 10m.$ 8. Key. John Sir 7. rules. Australian 6. instruments. Stringed 5. 4. Johns. St 3. Papatoetoe. 2. Cochran. Jackie 1. Answers: