Blaz­ing tea tow­els

The Northland Age - - Local News -

Tea tow­els left on top of a pizza oven have been blamed for start­ing a fire at Pai­hia restau­rant Charlotte’s Kitchen. The Pai­hia Fire Bri­gade was called when smoke alarms were trig­gered at about 3.30am on Satur­day, fire­fight­ers find­ing the build­ing full of smoke but oth­er­wise un­dam­aged. The tea tow­els burst into flames when they were taken out­side. The Kerik­eri bri­gade was also called out but was not re­quired.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from New Zealand

© PressReader. All rights reserved.