Food for thought: Test yourself in our television food quiz.
We have served up a quiz themed around food, movies and TV for you to get your teeth into. See how well you fare.
1. Whose chocolate factory does an underprivileged boy visit in the 1971 movie starring Gene Wilder?
2. This TV chef galloped back in the 1960s. Who is he?
3. How old is former
Great British Bake Off judge Mary Berry? a) 73, b) 93, c) 83?
4. Serial killer Hannibal Lecter (Silence Of The Lambs) famously ate a victim’s liver with fava beans washed down with which wine?
5. Who starred as a gypsy alongside Juliette Binoche in Chocolat?
6. Which English celebrity chef has the first names of Christopher Richard?
7. In the film Julie And Julia (starring Meryl Streep), what was the surname of Julia?
8. Two men – one Australian, the other English – featured in a popular New Zealand cooking show from 1976 to 1986. What was the show called?
9. Buddy Valastro is boss in which TV show?
10. Julia Roberts ran which sort of restaurant in a movie that was set in the Connecticut town of Mystic?
11. Who was the Naked Chef in the late 1990s?
12. A show called Home Butchery – Hygiene And Equipment ran on New Zealand TV in 1979. True or false?
13. Which food writer and entrepreneur won the second series of MasterChef New Zealand in 2011?
14. Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson starred in which unselfconsciously named 1990s TV show?
15. Madeleine Sami and Hayley Sproull host which New Zealand cooking show?
16. What sort of animal stars in the movie Ratatouille?
17. Which fast-food franchise is the 2016 movie The Founder about?
18. Clint Eastwood was The Man With No Name in a series of movies named after which staple food?
19. A popular dish at the Whistle Stop Cafe is which movie’s title?
20. In Eat Pray Love, which country did Julia Roberts’ character eat in?
21. This 2009 animated film’s forecast was Cloudy With A Chance Of ____?
22. Where did Holly Golightly have breakfast in this 1961 movie?
23. In the apocalyptic 1973 movie
Soylent Green, what was the food of the same name made from?
24. In the 2014 movie The 100-Foot Journey, an Indian family open a curry restaurant in which country?
25. Which of these countries does not have a franchised MasterChef show? a) Albania, b) Cambodia, c) Switzerland?
26. Which TV chef is the daughter of a British peer who was Margaret Thatcher’s Chancellor of the Exchequer?
27. Australian chef Stefano de Pieri had a gondola on which river?
28. Which food writer and TV chef is majority shareholder in English football club Norwich City?
29. TV’s Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten held which role in the US Government. a) White House catering adviser, b) the First Lady’s personal nutritionist, c) nuclear policy adviser?
30. Five strangers compete to see who gives the best dinner party in which popular UK show, featuring biting sarcasm from narrator Dave Lamb?