Easy chicken dinner winner SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN
A nutritious, delicious and affordable family meal.
Ready in 40 minutes Salad ❚ 800g potatoes, scrubbed and diced 2–3cm ❚ 1 teaspoon smoked paprika ❚ 1 capsicum ❚ 1⁄ red onion
2 ❚ 2-3 handfuls baby spinach leaves ❚ 1 cup grated cheese ❚ 1⁄ cup sour cream
2 ❚ 2 tablespoons mayonnaise ❚ 1 teaspoon mustard (like Dijon, wholegrain) Smoked paprika chicken ❚ 600g boneless, skinless chicken thighs ❚ Zest of 1 orange ❚ 3⁄ teaspoon smoked paprika
4 ❚ 1 teaspoon mustard (like Dijon, wholegrain) ❚ 2 tablespoons tomato sauce ❚ 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce Preheat oven to 220C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Preheat barbecue grill or hot plate to medium-high (if using).
1. Toss potatoes on prepared tray with first measure of smoked paprika and a little oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Turn once during cooking. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl with orange zest, second measure of paprika, mustard, tomato sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
3. While potatoes are cooking and chicken is marinating, prepare the rest of the salad. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and thinly slice. Thinly slice onion and roughly chop baby spinach. Place all in a large bowl with cheese. Mix sour cream, mayo and mustard together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Heat a little oil in a large frypan on medium heat. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes each side, until cooked through. Alternatively, cook on barbecue grill or hot plate as per instructions above. Set aside on a plate, covered in foil, to rest for 2-3 minutes.
5. Place slightly cooled potatoes into bowl with salad ingredients and mix gently to combine. Add sour cream and mayo mix and stir to coat salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, place a large spoonful of salad onto each plate and serve smoked paprika chicken on the side.