Auckland Short Walk: Glen Eden bush and stream walk
Glen Eden in West Auckland, is undergoing stream restoration and cycle ways development as part of the Twin Streams Project.
We started off at Ceramco Park, and follow the Waikumete Stream, footpaths, walkways and tracks through native bush and wetlands, over bridges and along pleasant residential streets.
There are off leash dog exercise areas within the reserves and parks.
Description: Mostly level paths. Suitable for most ages and levels of fitness and mobility, designed with flat shoes or running shoes in mind. To see: native bush and streams. Time: approx. 60 minutes (about 5.47kms).
Parking: Ceramco Park off Glendale Road. Cafés: various in Glen Eden Public toilets: Glen Eden Children’s playgrounds: Ceramco Park
Dogs: Off leash areas: within reserves and parks.
Picnic Sites: Take your own rugs and picnic gear. Directions: Start from Glendale Road car park for Ceramco Park (near corner of Glengarry Road).
Short Walks of Auckland
Helen Wenley is looking for an enthusiastic walker who enjoys exploring Auckland, to take over her Short Walks in Auckland project. You also need computer skills to manage a WordPress blog and a Facebook page; along with Word and Publisher experience. Photography skills also helpful. Please email Helen at [email protected]auckland.com for more information.
1. Go to the far corner of the car park and enter the walkway.
2. Follow the walkway around to the right > to join the road that leads to another car park.
3. At the end of that car park, pick up another walkway.
4. Turn left < at the next junction and continue straight ahead.
5. Turn right > into Atkinson Road. Cross over Kaurilands Road.
6. Turn right > onto the walkway between Kaurilands School and #111A Atkinson Road into Kawaka Reserve.
7. Exit into Kawaka Street.
8. Turn right > onto walkway between #10 & #8 to Kawa Glade and turn left < at the T-junction. 9. Turn right > into Daffodil Street. 10. Turn right > into Konini Road. 11. Turn left < into Wirihana Road. 12. Turn right > into Paewai Road. 13. Turn right > into Withers Road. 14. Turn right > into Kowhai Reserve (beside #2), cross the bridge. 15. Turn left < into Onedin Place. 16. Turn left < into Konini Road. 17. Turn right > into Kaurilands Road. 18. Turn left < into Meadowvale Rise. 19. Turn left < onto walkway just before #50, to re-enter Ceramco Park.
20. Follow the walkway back to the start.