Nurses call off strike action
Nurses have lifted their strike notices after a revised pay offer from the Government that will now be taken to union members, Health Minister Andrew Little says. Last month 30,000 nurses walked off the job when contract negotiations broke down. New Zealand Nurses Organisation members had planned three further strikes for this month, August and September, but yesterday Little said there had been progress in talks with district health boards (DHBs). It was encouraging that the discussions between the nurses’ group and DHBs had resulted in a new offer and that the union had lifted its strike notices for July 29 and 30, Little said.