‘Spaghetti & Meatballs’
SERVES 4 PREPARATION & COOKING 45 MINUTES
400g can butter beans,
100g walnuts, chopped finely
½ cup fresh basil leaves,
chopped coarsely 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 / cup chickpea flour 3
120g Greek feta, crumbled
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 x 400g canned chopped
½ cup vegetable stock
or water 4 large courgette, spiralised
into spaghetti (see tip)
1. Place beans in a large bowl. Mash lightly with a fork. Add walnuts, egg, half of the basil, garlic, flour and ½ cup of the feta, then stir until combined. Season generously to taste.
2. Using damp hands, roll bean mixture into 4cm balls. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook “meatballs”, turning frequently, for 5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add tomatoes, stock and remaining oil to pan. Season well. Cook for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens and reduces slightly, and the “meatballs” are coated.
4. Place courgette in a large sieve or colander over a large heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water to soften. Drain and set aside.
5. Top courgette “spaghetti” with “meatball” mixture. Sprinkle with remaining feta and basil, then season to taste.