Thai Prawn Burgers
SERVES 4 PREPARATION & COOKING 20 MINUTES (PLUS REFRIGERATION)
1 garlic clove
4 coriander roots with 1cm
1 tablespoon ginger, coarsely
4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
2 long red chillies, sliced thin
2 small potatoes, coarsely
16 small king prawns, uncooked, peeled, chopped finely
2 tablespoons rice bran oil
1½ tablespoons lime juice
4 small wholemeal bread
rolls, halved 8 butter lettuce leaves
1 red onion, sliced thinly
40g bean sprouts
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons
2 / cup coriander leaves
1. Combine garlic, coriander, ginger, kaffir lime leaves and half the chilli with a mortar and pestle. Pound into a thick paste, then halve.
2. Combine half the paste with potato and prawns in a small bowl. Using wet hands, make two patties. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
3. Add half the oil and 2 teaspoons of lime juice to the remaining paste in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until required.
4. Heat remaining oil in a small nonstick frying pan over low heat. Cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with rest of the juice.
5. Put bread rolls, cut-side down, in same pan for 1 minute or until warm.
6. Toss lettuce, onion, sprouts, cucumber, coriander leaves and remaining chilli through reserved paste. Sandwich salad and patties between roll, then serve.