Beetroot, Coconut & Seed Salad with Snapper
SERVES 4 PREPARATION & COOKING 25 MINUTES
1 / 3 cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
4 x 200g snapper fillets
1 teaspoon ground cumin
8 mixed baby beetroot, sliced
4 watermelon radishes, sliced
½ cup small mint leaves
½ cup shaved coconut
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook sunflower seeds, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from pan.
2. Whisk 2 tablespoons of olive oil, juice, mustard and honey in a small bowl until well combined. Season to taste.
3. Heat a medium nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Brush snapper fillets with remaining olive oil, sprinkle with cumin and season. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 2 minutes. Turn and fry for a further 2 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
4. Combine beetroot, radish, half each of the mint and sunflower seeds and dressing in a medium bowl.
5. Divide salad among plates. Scatter with sunflower seeds and mint leaves. Top each plate with a snapper fillet. Serve with shaved coconut and lemon wedges.