The fresh taste of SUMMER
Seasonal dishes made simple, with meal creations using Exotic Food sauces
Dirty Bloody Mary with Sriracha Cheese Dippers SERVES 4-6 PREPARATION & COOKING 30 MINUTES
1¾ cups grated cheese 40g butter, softened ½ tablespoon hot water 1-2 tablespoons Exotic Food Sriracha Hot Chilli Sauce (according to taste), plus extra 2 tsp 2 sheets store-bought puff pastry, defrosted BLOODY MARY MIX 1 litre tomato juice, chilled 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 125ml vodka squeeze of lime juice ½ tablespoon flaky sea salt ½ tablespoon crushed black peppercorns ½ tablespoon runny honey ice (optional) cucumber or celery shards to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 210°C. In a bowl or processor combine grated cheese, softened butter and hot water. Mix well until blended, then add sriracha hot chilli sauce to taste.
2. Lay pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to flatten them slightly. Spread cheese mixture over one sheet. Lay the second sheet over the top and roll gently to secure. Slice into 1cm strips. Twist each strip several times, then press the ends onto a greased baking tray to prevent them untwisting. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
3. BLOODY MARY MIX. Combine the tomato juice, remaining sriracha hot chilli sauce, worcestershire sauce, vodka and lime juice in a large jug. Chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
4. Combine flaky sea salt and black pepper on a flat surface. Rub honey around the rims of the glasses.
5. Dip glass rims in the salt and pepper, fill with Bloody Mary mix and garnish with a shard of cucumber or celery. Add ice if desired and serve with the dippers for dunking.