Atiku in Plateau, bemoans escalating insecurity in Nigeria
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abukakar, says that insecurity is escalating in the country because the All Progressives Congress ( APC) administration does not know how to govern.
He added that the APC is not campaigning because it plans to rig the forthcoming election.
Atiku, who promised to address unemployment crisis, pledged to give 40 percent of his government to the youth and 30 percent to the women, “making a total of 70 per cent, this is because I want you to succeed us.”
On his part, Uche Secondus, national chairman of the party, called on the people to come out en masse and vote for all its candidates at the General Election, saying that the party would set up a Commission to look into the activities of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris.
He accused the police chief of being partisanship.
“Now you can see, IGP is a full-fledged member of APC, but I want to let him know that my father was also a police officer. That after he leaves that job, whether he likes it or not, he will appear before a Commission. And he will account for all his activities. And he will appear before the International Criminal Court. Because he cannot destory the Nigerian Police. He cannot destroy this institution. So, let him be warned. Enough is enough! And Plateau killing must stop. And the only man who can stop it is Atiku,” he said.
The National Chairman received APC defectors to the party led by the Chairman, Rules and Business Committee of the House of Representatives, Edward Pwajok (SAN).
He assured the decampees that they will have equal rights with other old members of the party.
On his part, Secretary General, National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Umar Yusuf, promised to give 30 million votes for the PDP Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
He condemned the APC- led Federal Government for allowing the ongoing ASUU strike to linger.
Senate President, Bukola Saraki; former governors, Jonah Jang, Fidelis Tapgun; former Deputy Senate President, Ibrahim Mantu; PDP governorship candidate in the state, Jeremiah Useni; former Minister of Special Duties, Tanimu Turaki were among dignitaries at the event.
Also reacting, Kola Ologbondiyan, Director, Media & Publicity, PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, accused the Presidency of plotting to annex the Judiciary.
On a statement on Saturday, Ologbondiyan said: “The party also alerts of allegations that the All Progressives Congress (APC) and cabal at the Buhari Presidency are hounding Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Walter Onnoghen and seeking his removal so as to cause a constitutional crisis, instill fear in judicial officers and pave way for the foisting of a pliable CJN that will do their bidding on electoral matters.