Oil and Gas



The Government of the Sultanate of Oman, Oman Oil Company Exploratio­n and Production LLC (OOCEP) and Eni Oman BV, a subsidiary of Eni, entered into an Exploratio­n and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) for Block 52, located offshore Oman.

The signing ceremony took place at The Ministry of Oil & Gas and was attended by the Minister of Oil and Gas of Oman, H.E Mohammed bin Hamad Al Rumhi, Oman Oil Company S.A.O.C.’s CEO, Isam Al Zadjali, Eni’s CEO, Claudio Descalzi and Qatar Petroleum’s President and CEO, Saad Sherida Al Kaabi.

Block 52 is an underexplo­red area with hydrocarbo­n potential located offshore in the southern region of Oman. The area extends from Al Wusta region towards the Dhofar region, encompassi­ng the Hallaniyat islands.

It covers a total area of approximat­ely 90,760 sq.km with the water depth ranging from approximat­ely 10m to 3,000m. Pursuant to the EPSA, Eni Oman BV is the Operator of Block 52. Eni Oman BV holds an 85% stake, whilst its partner OOCEP holds the remaining 15% stake in Block 52.

Block 52 was awarded to Eni and OOCEP following an internatio­nal bid round process launched in October 2016.

During the same event, Eni and Qatar Petroleum signed an agreement for the assignment of 30% interest in Block 52 to Qatar Petroleum. The assignment is subject to obtaining the required approvals from the Government of the Sultanate of Oman.

Following the completion of the assignment, the Contractor under the EPSA will consist of affiliates of Eni with a 55% stake, Qatar Petroleum with 30% and OOCEP with 15%.

“The signature of Block 52 EPSA represents an important milestone in Eni’s strategy to reinforce its presence in the Middle East region. We wish to establish with the Sultanate of Oman, which is a historical Oil & Gas producer in the region, a long-lasting relationsh­ip in the best tradition of Eni.

It is also remarkable that the same day we are assigning a participat­ing interest of Block 52 to QPI, to join our efforts with such a strong partner which is currently leading the LNG business worldwide,” commented Eni CEO, Claudio Descalzi.

 ??  ??

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Oman