Increasing ceasefire violations by Indian forces alarming: DG ISPR
RAWALPINDI: Director General ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor has expressed concern over increasing ceasefire violations on the Line of Control (LoC) and Working Boundary by the Indian forces.
Addressing a news conference here on Thursday, he said fifty-five civilians have so far been martyred in the ceasefire violations by the Indian forces this year, which is the highest number in the history.
He said Indian forces are deliberately targeting civilians across the Line of Control. He said Pakistan has taken several positive initiatives for peace with India, and the latest one is groundbreaking of Kartarpur corridor.
He said the corridor will be constructed in six months and four thousand Sikh pilgrims will be able to visit the Kartarpur daily.
He said it will be one- way corridor from the Indian side to Kartarpur and the Sikh pilgrims will remain restricted to Kartarpur.
Major General Asif Ghafoor regretted that the Kartarpur corridor initiative was negatively presented in India. However, he hoped that India will positively respond to this goodwill gesture. Giving overview of the domestic security situation, the DG ISPR said that law and order has greatly improved across the country.