5 of a fam­ily die in­hal­ing poi­sonous gas in Ab­bot­tabad

The Financial Daily - - NATIONAL -

AB­BOT­TABAD: Five mem­bers of a fam­ily died af­ter poi­sonous gas ac­cu­mu­lated in their room in Ab­bot­tabad on Sun­day.

Ac­cord­ing to po­lice of­fi­cials, the in­ci­dent oc­curred in Qa­lan­darabad area. The de­ceased in­cluded a cou­ple and their three chil­dren.

A po­lice of­fi­cial said the fam­ily mem­bers went to sleep leav­ing a gas heater on to keep their room warm and cosy in the cold weather. "Gas got filled in their room ow­ing to er­ratic gas sup­ply at night as the house­holds were sound asleep all the while."

The de­ceased moved to hos­pi­tal med­i­cal ex­am­i­na­tion.

In a sim­i­lar in­ci­dent on Dec 31, a child was killed and her mother was se­verely in­jured when a home in Muhal­lah Bamozai area of Lakki Mar­wat caught fire due to ac­cu­mu­la­tion of gas. - NNI

for

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Pakistan

© PressReader. All rights reserved.