The Paradise Quiz
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE REGION?
1. After which flower is Papua New Guinea’s women’s rugby league team named?
2. If you are travelling along the Boluminski Highway, which PNG province are you in?
3. PNG is east of the Wallace Line. What does the line delineate? 4. What is the international dialling code for PNG? 5. How much coastline does PNG have: 1250, 5150 or 10,550 kilometres?
6. Which South Pacific nation was represented by Pita Taufatofua when he marched topless in sub-zero temperatures at the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in South Korea?
7. Which US reality TV program has recently shown interest in filming in PNG?
8. Can you name the leader of North Korea? 9. Who is Australia’s new deputy prime minister? 10. Which South Pacific nation was once known as the Cannibal Isles?
11. British author Redmond O’Hanlon travelled into the heart of which country?
12. Which Pacific island claims to be the largest consumer per capita of SPAM in the world?
13. In total, how many stars appear on the flags of PNG, Australia and New Zealand?
14. Marovo Lagoon is the world’s largest saltwater lagoon. Where is it?
15. Where are brightly decorated jeepneys (pictured) a popular form of public transport?