The Paradise Quiz
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE REGION?
1. How long is the Kokoda Trail?
2. Mount Wilhelm is PNG’s highest mountain at 4509 metres. Can you name the second highest?
3. What is the exact date of PNG’s independence?
4. Can you name the seventh prime minister of PNG?
5. Can you name the famous Australian radio broadcaster nicknamed the ‘Golden Tonsils’ who was born in Wau, PNG? 6. In which sport did Ryan Pini distinguish himself for PNG at several Olympics?
7. Which car maker sells the most cars in PNG?
8. What is the capital of Fiji?
9. Which major international race is conducted under lights in Singapore during September?
10. Where in the Pacific has Mount Kilauea been erupting? 11. What happened to the South Pacific islands of Abanuea and Tebua Tarawa in 1999?
12. Which South Pacific nation does King Tupou VI rule?
13. How many islands does Japan have: 68, 680 or 6800?
14. How many chopsticks does China use annually: 450,000, 45 million or 45 billion?
15. Where are the Nan Madol ruins (pictured)?