Koi-related terms commonly used in the Philippines:
• Feeders: These are single color koi, usually white or orange. Fish with deformities also fall in this category. They are sold in pet shops as food for larger fish such as oscars, arowanas, and bass.
• Pet shop quality: These are mostly multicolor fish with unsatisfactory patterns or colors
• Garden koi: These are the same as the pet shop quality fish, except they are sold in larger sizes, normally 8 inches and bigger
• Class AAA: These fish have good patterns, colors, and body sizes, but have minor faults such as blemishes
• EQ: Also known as export quality koi, these are comparable to the high value imported koi being sold in the market.