12 finalists for Best Boholano Songwriter contest bared
T he 12 finalists will vie for the Best Boholano Songwriter in this year’s Bohol Sandugo Song Festival set on July 20, 2018, Friday at the Bohol Cultural Center.
From about 41 entries submitted, the following were selected to join the annual songwriting contest:
* Geed Manfreed Suaybaguio and Syansan Terez for the song “Gugmang Way Libog”
* Nandy Maniwan for the song “Ikaw Magpabilin”
* Humfrey Mark Nicasio – “Ikaw Ra”
* Vito Calope – “Bintana”
* Alfie James Añana – “Busted Ka”
* Aljon Balbido – “Ikaw Ra Ug Ako”
* Rizalde Coscos – “Take 2”
* Engr. Soc Saletrero – “Didto Sa Langit Isumbong”
* Mercedita Quiachon – “Ang Gugma Ko Ampingan Mo”
* Mitz Morala – “Ang Bugtong Pangandoy Ko”
* John Rey Fuertes – “Proud To Be Boholono”
* Clyde Bongalos Ebojo for the song “Kalipay Mo, Kalipay Ko
This year’s grand prize winner will receive P40,000 while the second and third placers will get P30,000 and P20,000, respectively.
All 12 finalists will receive P10,000 each while the Best Interpreter will win P5,000.
Winners will be judged according to Music and Lyrics ( quality of melody, harmony and rhythm and the arrangement of words and ideas) – 40%; Originality - 40% and Interpretation - 20% for a total of 100%.
The contest is open to amateur and professional composers of any age, limited only to resident and non- resident Boholanos of Boholano descent who must present their Birth Certificate and are not involved in the competition committee.
Tickets will be sold at designated outlets and at the Bohol Cultural Center, two hours before the contest that will start at 7:30 p.m. /
MECERD ITA QUICHON
JOHN REY FUERTES
GEEN MANFRED SUAYBAGUIO
HUMFREY MARK NICASIO
AL IE JAMES AÑANA
ALJON BALBIN BALBIDO
VITO R CALOPE