10-hour blackout Saturday in Leyte, Biliran
ORMOC CITY, Leyte – The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) has announced that Northwest Leyte will have no power for 10 hours this Saturday, September 19. Distribution utilities that will be affected are the following:
– Leyte-V Electric Cooperative (Leyco V) - Simangan (Ormoc), Talisayan (Albuera) and Sambulawan (Villaba) substations;
– Don Orestes Romualdez Electric Cooperative - Tolosa and Javier substations;
– Leyeco III – Tunga and Alangalang substations;
– Leyeco IV – Baybay and San Agustin substations; and
– Biliran Electric Cooperative entire Biliran province.
NGCP said the reason for the scheduled power interruption is the replacement of rotten wooden poles and the installation of guys as well as other related work along the 69kV Lemon-Biliran line.
The NGCP will also facilitate the maintenance and correction of remaining work on the commissioning of the 100MVA power transformer No. 5.
Such work, said Leyeco V, will render all of Ormoc City as well as the towns of Kananga, Matagob, Albuera, Leyte and Calubian without power from seven o’clock in the morning to five o’clock in the afternoon.