Former drug surrenderer dies in shootout
A man on the drugs watchlist was killed in an armed encounter with police on NP Cruz Street, Ususan, Taguig City on Monday.
The fatality was identified as Jaime Centeno, aliases “Jimboy” and “Josh,” of legal age, and resident of NP Cruz in Ususan.
In the report submitted to Senior
Three persons including an alleged gun-for-hire leader tagged as one of the suspects in the killing of a police lawyer and a retired policeman were killed in a buy-bust operation in Antipolo City Monday night.
Robert Chavez, alias “Bong Chavez,” who had been tagged by police as the alleged leader of a hired killer syndicate operating in Region 3,4 and Metro Manila died as he and two other suspects reportedly engaged Supt. Alexander Santos, city police chief, the incident occurred around 2 p.m. involving the members of the Police Community Precinct 6 (PCP6) of the Taguig City Police.
Investigation showed that members of PCP 6 led by their station commander were conducting mobile patrol along NP Cruz Street when they chanced upon the suspect policemen in a gun battle outside Chavez’s house in Sitio Maagay 1 in Barangay Inarawan, in Antipolo City around 11:15 p.m.
Chavez’s alleged cohorts tried to escape as they continue to fire their guns towards the police, composed of joint anti-narcotics operatives of Region 4-A Police Office, Rizal Police Office and Antipolo City Police Office.
Chavez and a certain Dennis Aleonor, were found dead inside the compound of the former while standing at the alley right in front of the gate at No. 105 NP Cruz.
The patrolling policemen stopped Centeno, but he suddenly ran inside the alley and fired at the police officers. Lawmen went after him as he entered his house and jumped out of the window and into the river.
The police continued their pursuit one of the still unidentified suspects who was sporting a tattoo on his arm and wearing a black sando and black short pants was found near a creek.
Supt. Villaflor Bannawagan, chief of police here said Chavez, aside from his alleged involvement in gun-for-hire activities, was earlier tagged as one of the killers of lawyer policeman Supt. Ramy Tagnong, and retired policeman turned barangay chairman candidate Rodolfo Lico.
The police operation also resulted in the seizure of 1680,000 worth of
The second top cop of the Caloocan City Police encouraged restaurant owners to hire security guards following series of robberyholdup incidents in the city.
Supt. Ferdinand Del Rosario, city police deputy for administration, said that though it is not required, he advised not just restaurant owners but also other establishments to have security guards.
“They should have security guards. It’s a deterrent factor so the criminal would not attempt,” Del Rosario explained.
He said they will also increase police visibility by adding more detective beat patrollers or police officers wearing civilian clothes.
On Monday, six masked men wearing helmets robbed Hideout Tea and Coffee House along Lapu-Lapu Street in Barangay 76 around 8:52 p.m.
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage showed that customers were eating at the restaurant, when the gunmen onboard two motorcycles arrived and declared holdup.
Some customers ran away while the suspects took away five cellphones and other belongings worth 1192,500 from seven victims.
Four days prior, Caloocan City Prosecutor Migñon Chrix Cu and his common-lawwife Aister Antonio were also robbed at gunpoint by six unidentified men wearing helmets, police said.
The incident happened when Cu and Antonio were waiting for their order at Manzano’s Kitchen on Macabagdal Street in Barangay 89 around 8 p.m.
The suspects entered the place and took two cellphones worth 1100,000 from the victims, then escaped onboard three motorcycles.
Sr. Supt. Restituto Arcangel, city police chief, said it is possible that the two incidents were perpetrated by the same group.
He said they are now working on the possible leads to identify and apprehend the suspects. until he was cornered at No. 115 NP Cruz where he once again fired at the police officers who retaliated and killed him on the spot.
Police collected from encounter site the suspect’s .38-caliber revolver, and a slug.
It was learned that Centeno had presented himself to police just last May since he was on the city’s drug watchlist. suspected shabu placed in a plastic bag; a .45, two pieces of .38 and .22 caliber guns and several ammunitions; 11,000 cash, and several motorcycles, all found in the premises reportedly owned by Chavez in Sitio Maagay, Inarawan, this city.
Police said Chavez had been the target of weeks of surveillance operation since the gun-for-hire leader was tagged as one of the culprits in the killing of Supt. Tagnong on May 4, and Retired PO2 Lico on May 19, this year.