Sacked 'narco-cops’ undergoing pre-charge evaluation – PNP
The five police officers who were included in the newest drug matrix released by President Duterte have been subjected to a pre-charge evaluation, the Philippine National Police (PNP) revealed Friday.
PNP chief Director General Oscar Albayalde confirmed this during an interview with reporters after he led the 117th Police Service Anniversary of the Cordillera Police Regional Office (PRO-COR) in Camp Bado Dangwa, La Trinidad, Benguet.
"Lahat ay (All of them were) relieved pending an investigation. They will be given due process and they are undergoing a pre-charge evaluation," Albayalde said.
The five police officers who have since been relieved are Senior Superintendent Leonardo Suan, whose appointment to PNP-Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) had been cancelled; Superintendent Lorenzo Bacia (PRO-ARMM); Senior Inspector Lito Pirote (Central Luzon Police Regional Office), Inspector Conrado Caragdag (PRO-Cordillera) and Senior Police Officer 4 Alejandro Liwanag (Cagayan Valley Regional Police).
All five relieved officers have been transferred to the Police Holding and Accounting Unit (PHAU) in Camp Crame, Quezon City.
"If we see a probable cause [in their case], they will face summary hearing procedures and if what we find has weight, they will face dismissal," Albayalde said in the vernacular.
The pre-charge evaluation is expected to last for one week, after which, the results will be forwarded to Albayalde. (Martin A. Sadongdong)