– You might think that people aren’t listening to you now because they don’t really want to hear what you have to say. But the dynamics are complicated by the fact that you may be unclear in your communication if you’re trying to minimize conflict. However, you’re probably turning a molehill into a mountain, and worrying about a problem that only exists in your head. Thankfully, you have an opportunity to strengthen your position within your circle of friends and associates by fulfilling your promises while also being true to yourself.
– Emotions ebb and flow with the rising and falling tides. The only thing that stays the same about your feelings is their never-ending movement. Although you may be distracted by your uncertainty today, you’re able to reach beneath the shifting currents on the surface and draw strength from the solidity of the bedrock below. Your tendency to resist change will only leave you discouraged now. Paradoxically, letting go of control will likely bring you the elusive security that you seek. Poet T.S. Eliot wrote, “Every moment is a fresh beginning.”
– You may be eager to explore new forms of self-expression now by enrolling in an art or music class. Or, you might consider participating in a competitive sport. In any case, you crave the distraction and excitement of undertaking something new and different. However, your desire for fresh experiences runs into resistance if someone who loves you wants you to remain unchanged. Don’t let others control who you are or what you do. Never sell yourself short; it’s your decisions, your outcomes, your life.
– You can only remain emotionally detached for so long, especially if it feels like someone in your family will continue to poke at you until you respond. Ultimately, you know that taking the bait won’t lead anywhere useful and could even create unnecessary pain. Rather than only considering your own personal needs now, expand your awareness to include others in your social network. While one-to-one communication may feel awkward today, you’re more comfortable with group dynamics. Author Margaret Carty wrote, “The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.”
– You believe you will be one step closer to success if you can declutter your schedule today. But you’re less interested in receiving a promotion or a pay raise than you are in achieving personal satisfaction. Although you might feel the pressure from too many demands placed on your time, your current solution is not to work faster. Instead, remove extraneous noise from your routine. You may not be singled out for your extraordinary job performance, but your newfound happiness will be undeniable.
– Remaining true to your personal convictions can be challenging today because expressing what’s in your heart could stir up conflict with those close to you. Divergent expectations are complicated to manage in any relationship, especially one lacking in mutual respect. However, loving someone for who they are rather than for who you want them to be only works in the long run if the feelings are reciprocated. Maya Angelou wrote, “If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die.”
– You may be in a familiar pickle today as your loved ones push you to make a decision. Although your diplomatic approach to a dilemma enables you to understand both sides of an unresolved issue, it makes resolution even more elusive. People might misinterpret your ambivalence, assuming you don’t care about the outcome. In fact, the opposite is likely true: you care so deeply that you are committed to widening your perspective any way possible. Biologist Thomas Huxley wrote, “Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation.”
– You’re willing to set aside your personal preferences today in order to create an environment of emotional security for those you love. You can instill confidence in others by acknowledging their positions on a variety of matters, even if their ideas are very different from yours. However, your job is not about playing a parental role for anyone else, nor is it to pick apart everything that is wrong with someone’s opinion. In fact, your current assignment is to encourage free thinking and then get out of the way of those who choose to soar on their thoughts.
– Your high level of productivity could surprise everyone today, including yourself. You might not start off with such an ambitious agenda, but as you begin to check items off your to-do list, the truth begins to dawn on you. When it comes time for kicking back or kicking up your heels, choose to listen to taskmaster Saturn now as he gently reminds you that your progress is a reward unto itself. Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
– You can’t help but find someone’s behavior rather annoying when they act out their emotional insecurities. But you’re not interested in playing the role of a psychologist or boss today. In fact, you wish you could quietly retreat into your cave, and leave others to their own devices. Unfortunately, that option is not available now; instead, you must step up to the plate and swing for the fences. The good news is it all seems like play time if you are enjoying what you do. Whistling while you work inspires others to do the same.
– You could end up spinning your wheels, attempting to outmaneuver uncomfortable emotional interactions. However, avoidance tactics won’t work in your favor, only distracting you from the real opportunity before you. Rather than sidestepping an important issue, try tackling it head on now. No matter how hard it is to start a conversation about a delicate matter, it will still be easier today, rather than waiting until tomorrow. Author Barbara Sher wrote, “It’s only too late if you don’t start now.”
– You’re not happy when someone assumes authority – whether they have earned it or not – and then criticizes your actions. You wish you could brush the negativity aside and pay it little mind at all. However, you don’t have the luxury of avoiding confrontation when it finds you today. Your best bet is to listen with an open mind as others speak their thoughts. Finally, share your position in a non-threatening manner without casting any blame. Magically, the tension dissipates and reconciliation is in the air, leaving you plenty of time to expand your mind and explore your emotions.